We’ve all been aching to go out and do our Christmas shopping. Of course, there’s always online shopping, but there are many things that online shopping doesn’t satisfy — the feel of a new couch, the scent of aromatherapy oils, the look of a dress that fits perfectly, and the sound quality of wireless speakers.
When doing your holiday shopping, make sure to go where safety protocols are strictly enforced, crowd control is imposed, and social distancing is carefully observed. Now is not the time to put down our defenses because the COVID-19 virus is not taking a holiday this season.
For instance, when you go to an SM mall, everyone – and we mean everyone – is required to wear a face shield and face mask and to wear them properly the whole time they are in the mall. This is in accordance with government protocols and must be observed in all areas of the mall, all the time. If only for this reason, you should feel safer when you’re inside the mall.
Aside from having everything you need so don’t waste time, here are 7 other reasons why it’s safest to shop at SM malls for the Holidays:
1. Everyone is required to wear a face shield and a face mask properly inside SM. Nope, you can’t raise your face shield or pull down your face mask, the security guard will politely call your attention and ask you to please follow the rules.
2. Thorough screening at the entrance. Mallgoers must undergo temperature checks upon entering the mall which will be conducted by security personnel. There will also be automatic alcohol dispensers which customers can use to sanitize their hands. Before entering any SM establishment, customers, tenants, and employees are also now required to register via Trace Together, a nationwide end-to-end contact tracing solution that is compliant with government and data privacy guidelines.
3. Practice social distancing at all times. Shoppers are asked to carry out proper queuing and safe distancing by remaining one meter apart from others. Safe distancing guidelines are in effect in areas such as escalators and elevators. At the escalators, mallgoers must be at least two steps apart from each other, while standard and larger elevators can be used at 50% capacity.
4. Meticulous sanitation. All 76 malls nationwide are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to the opening and throughout the day, especially in common areas with heavy customer foot traffic. Alcohol dispensers are found everywhere, and restrooms are sanitized every 30 minutes. Escalators are equipped with UV handrail sanitizers, while elevator buttons are copper-shielded to help eliminate the COVID-19 virus.
5. Crowd control. If you’re planning on shopping for gifts, crowd control is enforced at SM. The mall monitors and implements the capacity limit in line with government guidelines. The number of people inside stores, supermarkets, and restaurants are limited as well to prevent overcrowding and ensure proper social distancing.
6. Safe dining. Diners are seated at tables following social distancing guidelines, many restaurants have acrylic barriers. Tables are also strategically placed so that every diner is safely distanced from each other.
7. Contactless payment options. To lessen physical contact, SM tenants have implemented cashless payment systems via e-wallets, bank transfer, or credit and debit cards.
As the most wonderful time of the year draws near, make sure you get to continue celebrating the Holidays with family by taking the safer option when you go out to go shopping. This Christmas season, SM remains committed to safe malling for all so that everyone can enjoy the Holiday cheer without worry.
And why worry? #EverythingsHereAtSM!
For more info and updates, visit https://www.smsupermalls.com/togethersapaskoatsm/ or follow them on all social media platforms: @smsupermalls.