Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, concluded a successful 3.15 Consumer Day, its first mega sale of the year. More people were able to shop and reward themselves with Shopee, with 5 times more items bought in the first 2 hours of 15 March compared to an average day. 36 million Shopee vouchers were claimed on 15 March, as users saved more on everything they needed.
With more users celebrating at 3.15, brands and sellers were able to easily connect with and engage them. Orders on Shopee Mall increased 5 times compared to an average day, as brands saw a surge in traffic to Official Stores. Local businesses also saw a boost in sales, powered by strong support from shoppers. In the Philippines, Rhian — a women’s apparel shop, WJF shops (grocerysale.no1 and no1.go) and albee_298 — all three offering home essentials and face masks, emerged as the top local sellers this 3.15.
Shoppers also celebrated 3.15 Consumer Day with Shopee all over social media, with over 2.6 million engagements recorded on Shopee Philippines social media channels during the campaign. Loyal Shopee users also won huge prizes with the #ShopeeCelebratesYou initiative on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, with loyal users surprised with cash prizes, latest gadgets, and K-Pop merchandise in the Philippines.
Martin Yu, Director at Shopee Philippines said, “We are happy to see more people find time to celebrate and reward themselves at our first 3.15 Consumer Day. Our users will always form the core of everything we do, and we are proud to pioneer another special day for them and the millions of businesses we serve. The year has only just begun, and users can look forward to even more exciting activities to enjoy in the months ahead. We look forward to creating more value and joy for all of our users in the rest of 2022.”
3.15 Consumer Day in the Philippines
In the Philippines, more shoppers were able to discover the joy of online shopping with Shopee. In particular, 3.15 Consumer Day gave users the chance to show themselves and others around them some appreciation.
Joanna Villanueva, 27, Fashion Designer, said, “This 3.15, I bought some necessities–contact lenses, socks, and an iPhone cable. I usually buy these things from Shopee because there are promos and discounts within the app so my savings are significant.
When the pandemic hit, I had a hard time going out and the shops I usually bought supplies from for my work closed down temporarily, but through Shopee, I was able to buy sewing materials. When I was moving into an unfurnished condo during lockdown, I bought most of my furniture and appliances from Shopee too! Electronics, accessories, skincare products, pet supplies, clothes—you name it, I’ve bought it from Shopee.”
Maricris Lorenzo, 35, Entrepreneur, said, “During 3.15, I bought home and self-care items — indoor pots, plant labels, shampoo, make-up brush set and load. For all these and pretty much anything I need, Shopee is my go to app since I can easily find items and order conveniently. I always wait for the sales to enjoy discounts, vouchers, and coins cashback that make my shopping spree wallet-friendly.
As a business woman and a hands-on mother, I am really happy to be able to do so much on Shopee. Paying our bills, buying business and home essentials, relaxing with the occasional retail therapy, and exploring the countless features of the app have brought me such joy and relief especially in the last two years.”
Other 3.15 highlights in Philippines include:
- Giving Filipinos time to unwind by shopping for what they need and want
- More users were able to enjoy the value and variety offered by Shopee, with Quezon City, Caloocan City, and Davao City seeing the highest numbers for first-time shoppers
- Shoppers were getting ready to go out as restrictions ease, with the top most searched words were women’s sandals, dresses and face masks.
- Users took the chance to reward themselves and others around them on 15 March. Home & Living, Health & Personal Care, and Women’s Apparel were the most popular categories, while mobile gadgets and accessories, skin care items, and home improvement supplies were most in demand
- Body lotions were also one of the most ordered items by Filipinos as they prioritize self-care this 3.15 Consumer Day
- Providing businesses a welcome boost in the first mega sale of the year
- 3.15 Consumer Day was the biggest shopping day in the first half of the year for many businesses:
- Local sellers saw a lift in traffic and transactions, with an electronics store clocking over ₱30 million in GMV on 15 March alone. A women’s apparel shop also sold over 267,000 units of items in 1 day.
- Users discovered and purchased more self-care and grooming essentials from brands on Shopee Mall, with Uni-Care, Tiny Buds, and FOCALLURE being crowd favourites.
- Creating more valuable and rewarding shopping experiences with ShopeePay
- More people continued to enjoy the ease and convenience of digital payments through ShopeePay. On 15 March, the number of new ShopeePay users surged almost 1.5 times.
- Delighting consumers across the country with more fun and entertainment
- Almost 65 million views were recorded on Shopee Live, as users connected with sellers, brands and local celebrities.
- Over 27 million plays were clocked on Shopee Prizes, as Filipinos continued to play and earn more Shopee coins and prizes.
- Filipinos were able to enjoy an afternoon of entertainment during the 3.15 TV Special that showcased local celebrities such as Brand Ambassadors Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes and ₱8 Million worth of prizes.
Download Shopee for free on the App Store or Google Play Store.