Procter & Gamble (P&G) Philippines, the multinational company behind the trusted health and hygiene brands like Safeguard, Head and Shoulders, Vicks and Pampers, was lauded at the 2023 Asia CEO Awards with the CSR Company of the Year Circle of Excellence Award. The award is given to organizations that highlight corporate social responsibility (CSR) in providing a social commitment to Filipinos by promoting environmental protection & awareness, livelihood programs, and youth development projects that contribute to society.
Held annually since 2010, the Asia CEO Awards stands as the foremost business awards ceremony in the Philippines, renowned as the most significant event of its kind throughout Southeast Asia. In its 14th year, the Asia CEO Awards recognizes business leaders and organizations who help the Philippine economy propel forward in a post-pandemic setting with the purpose of setting the standard for excellence that drives positive impact in the community.
P&G Philippines is known to highly invest in its CSR efforts. Throughout and after the pandemic, the company stepped up as a Force for Growth and a Force for Good by doing its part to help its employees, consumers, and communities overcome the challenges of COVID-19. In the past 3 years, P&G has invested over Php 300 million in COVID-19 response and other disaster relief response efforts. Some highlights of P&G’s CSR efforts are:
- Re-purposed its manufacturing plant in Cabuyao, Laguna to produce and donate over 3 Million medical-grade face masks to the Department of Health (DOH) and frontliners (hospitals, Philippine National Policy, etc). Also donated PPE protective suits to government COVID hospitals.
- Provided DOH with its expertise and investments in marketing, advertising production, and media platforms by creating the “BIDA Solusyon sa Covid-19” campaign – a nationwide education campaign that empowers every Filipino to be a responsible citizen and instrument of change in the country’s fight against COVID-19.
- Donated P&G health and hygiene products year-round from 2021-2022 to frontliners, hospitals, government agencies, and students.
- Launched #SafeWASH program that built 285 hand washing facilities in 285 DepEd schools in NCR benefiting over 770,000 students and teachers.
- Supported disaster relief operations in Mindoro benefiting over 70,000 affected families by the recent oil spill in Mindoro by donating over PHP 6 million worth of P&G products that not only promote health and hygiene but also provide support to recover their livelihood materials.
“We are honored to be recognized by the Asia CEO Awards as a CSR Company of the Year Circle of Excellence awardee. This is a reflection and a testament to P&G’s commitment to being a consistent nation-building partner of the government, citizens, and communities during times of growth, but especially in times of crisis and calamity,” says King Martin Agoncillo, P&G Philippines’ Corporate Communications Manager.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands. Fostering equality and inclusion, supporting our communities, and protecting the planet are embedded in how we do business. We believe we have a responsibility to make the world better — through the products we create and the positive impact our brands and Company can have. P&G’s portfolio includes Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.