ProBio7Kids, PascualLab’s newest pedia product is helping to spread awareness on probiotics and their benefits beyond digestive health.
Promotes Digestive Health
Probiotics are live microorganisms, most of which are bacteria, that have various benefits to the body. In the gut, these probiotics are widely known to help keep the “bad” bacteria in check and maintain a healthy community of microorganisms, thereby supporting digestive health. ¹
What people also need to be aware of is that probiotic strains can help augment immunity in several ways! One, these probiotic strains strengthen the intestinal wall, preventing the entry of disease-causing bacteria. Moreover, these probiotics suppress the growth of harmful microbes by taking away the nutrients they need. In addition, these probiotic strains produce antimicrobial substances such as hydrogen peroxide that can directly kill bacteria. ²
Through these preventive actions, probiotics help increase resistance to infections such as diarrhea³ and the common cold. In fact, research has shown that children who take probiotics have lesser bouts of colds and flu-like symptoms and are less likely to get the disease, resulting in fewer absences from school. With this, probiotics help lessen the likelihood of children being prescribed antibiotics. ⁴
And did you know that probiotics also help improve growth, increasing both weight and height? ⁵ Probiotics aids in the absorption of certain nutrients, which children need especially during their growth years.⁶ Probiotic strains likewise support children’s growth by helping improve lactose absorption in milk drinkers. ⁷
These days, when our kids’ health remain at the top of our priorities and immunity is the call of the times, it is best to be proactive in strengthening our child’s immune system.
Try ProBio7 Kids that has 7 probiotic strains: Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, and Lactococcus lactis.
Together, these strains help support gut health, augment immunity, and facilitate growth.
ProBio7Kids which comes in a yummy grape flavor is available in select drugstores nationwide. It is also available in Lazada and Shopee.
1. Probiotics: What You Need To Know. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health-National Institutes of Health Web site. Updated August 2019. Accessed May 2021. Updated August 2019. Accessed May 2021.
2. Galdeano C, Cazorla S, Dumit J, et al. Beneficial Effects of Probiotic
Consumption on the Immune System. Ann Nutr Metab. 2019; 74: 115–124. doi: 10.1159/000496426
3. Guarino, A, MD; Guandalini, S MD; Lo, V; and Andrea MD. Probiotics for Prevention and Treatment of Diarrhea: Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology doi: 10.1097/MCG.0000000000000349
4. Leyer G, Li S, Mubasher M, et al. Probiotic effects on cold and influenza-like symptom incidence and duration in children. Pediatrics. 2009; 124(2): e172-9. doi: 10.1542/peds.2008-2666
5. Onubi O, Poobalan A, Dineen B, et al. Effects of probiotics on child growth: a systematic review. J Health Popul Nutr. 2015; 34(8): https://doi.org/10.1186/s41043-015-0010-4
6. Ballini A, Gnoni A, De Vito D, et al. Effect of probiotics on the occurrence of nutrition absorption capacities in healthy children: a randomized double-blinded placebo-controlled pilot study. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2019; 23: 8645-8657. https://www.europeanreview.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/8645-8657.pdf.
7. Leis R, de Castro M, de Lamas C, et al. Meta-Analysis-Effects of Prebiotic and Probiotic Supplementation on Lactase Deficiency and Lactose Intolerance: A Systematic Review of Controlled Trials. Nutrients. 2020; 12(5): 1487. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12051487